Citizen Advisor

The Citizen Advisor’s task is to investigate complaints against the Kommune’s case handling, and assist in the provision of a good service, where citizens are at the center.

Citizen Advisor – for complaints against the Kommune

The Citizen Advisor should help to strengthen the dialogue between citizens and the administration. The Citizen Advisor is an employee of the City Council, and is an advisory and appeal body that is independent of the Administration.

Every citizen in Randers Kommune can contact the Citizen Advisors, and it's free.

The purpose of the Citizen Advisor is to

  • Strengthen the legal rights of citizens and to ensure the service they are entitled to
  • Help people through the Kommune system and ensure that they are heard
  • Make the municipality better to serve the citizens

With the Citizen Advisor you can

  • Complain about the municipality's handling of a case, an employee's behaviour, etc.
  • Get help if you have difficulty understanding a decision by the municipality
  • Get information and advice on how to complain about Kommune decisions, and who can deal with your complaint
  • Get help to move forward with a complaint if you have experienced discrimination in the municipality
  • Help to restore dialogue with Kommune employees, if there is conflict in a case
  • Make suggestions about how the municipality's case handling and control can be improved

The Citizen Advisor can also participate as observer if there is a conversation that you are uncomfortable with, to help you prepare for the interview, and then help you pick up on what came out of the conversation.

The Citizen Advisor cannot deal with complaints about

  • The subject matter in Kommune decisions
  • Political decisions, for example, service level, etc.
  • Employment in the municipality
  • Comparison to other review bodies dealing with a particular complaint

The Citizen Advisor usually does not handle complaints older than a year. There will have to be a specific evaluation for such a complaint to be considered.

Contact Information

You are always welcome to contact a Citizen Advisor - either by phone, by e-mail or in person. If you decide to use a Citizen Advisor, it is a good idea to call and make an appointment.

Advisor Jesper Cortes

Laksetorvet, 8900 Randers
Office C 1.83
Tel. 8915 1888 Mobile 2444 4921

Advisor Karin Lambert

Laksetorvet , 8900 Randers
Office C 1.53
Tel. 8915 1052 Mobile 3056 7751


Administrative Assistant Conni Stensgaard

Laksetorvet , 8900 Randers
Unit C 1.84
Tel. 8915 1783

Helper (Bisidder) and Proxy

What is a Helper (Bisidder)?

The helper is a person who can help and support you, and ensure that you have argued your case to the Citizen Advisor.

In addition, the helper helps you to understand the results of the Citizen Advisor’s processing of your case.

If you wish, your helper can have rights during the proceedings, in which case they will need to have a Power of Attorney form filled out.

The "Power of Attorney" form here

After Administration § 8 paragraph.1, you can be a party to a case and, at any stage of the proceedings, decide to grant proxy rights (also known as Power of Attorney) to the one who represents or assists you.

This means that you can get your helper (Party Representative) to represent you and help with your complaint to the Citizen Advisors.

This helper (party representatives) must have filled out a Power of Attorney form (see link above), which must be submitted to the Citizen Advisor along with the complaint.

Meaning of proxy

If there are complaints by the representative of a party, you get the confirmation of the Civil Advisor handling the case. You also get the results of the Citizen Advisor’s handling of the case, but all further correspondence is between the Citizen Advisor and the Party Representative.

The form must be signed by the person who gives the proxy (you, the party to the case).